Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dissection Day 2: SAFE TO READ

Hi all,

I've decided I'm not able to blog this dissection as it's happening-- one, because I need this evening time to recharge myself, reset my hands and eyes (when you've been dissecting all day, your eyes and hands REALLY need to do something else), and study anatomy to prep for the next day.

I also feel like it's not fair to make you all read the dissection notes without the experience of getting into the necessary mindset first. (I know all you med students are giggling right now, but your first dissection is on hell of an experience, especially if you aren't prepared by med school.) Gil is very careful to prepare us mentally and psychologically for the encounter, and I don't feel I can do a good job of that, especially in my current state of mind.

So if insights come to me that are coherent enough to share with y'all, I'll definitely let you know. Otherwise, you'll just have to get the benefits of my experience some other way-- like taking classes over the summer! Whee!

Take care-- I'm going to sleep!

--Melissa Voodoo

No comments: